- Discuss examples of how the setting in and around Williamsburg, Virginia, enhanced the plot.
- Which was your favorite character and why?
- Given the current events of the day, plantation life in Virginia is not getting positive press these days. How does the way this family lived help paint a different picture of rural Virginia?
- Discuss how quilting is woven throughout the novel.
- Did you have to be a quilter to enjoy this story?
- What do you think happened to Noah and James?
- This book is classified as a cozy mystery. How does it differ from other mysteries you’ve read?
- What piece of history did you learn from reading this that you didn’t know before?
Note: All Lady Tigers’s books have discussion questions at the end of the books.
If I Look Like You Lesson Plans
Please download this pdf for free teacher lesson plans for social/emotional learning that go along with the book If I Look Like You.